Sunday, April 29, 2012

I Chickened Out


On Thursday I had my amnio appointment. It took me forever to make the decision to do it. Ultimately, it seems that if we could get the results from the amnio it would help us with our upcoming discussions with the surgeon.  The more information we can get the more prepared we can be in terms of a birth plan and a birth team.  Seems logical…seems easy…(yikes).  Truth is it’s hard to be logical during critical times when you are a (pregnant) girl.  The risk of the procedure causing my water to break is really slight, (1 : 400), but it’s still a risk that gives me wicked anxiety.  Anyway, I nervously went to my appointment, signed all the papers and waited for my doctor to enter the room.  I love my doctor! She came in and we discussed the risks and benefits very directly.  She gave me the option to chicken out… so I did.  We decided to do the amnio when I am 37 weeks, that way we can still get the results before I deliver, but if the procedure sends me into early labor, at least I am closer to term. 

On a different subject (not medically related but still a relevant ‘heart’ topic) I took Bailey to the mall on Saturday.  She had some money that was burning a hole in her pocket ($13.00).  We went in and out of stores looking at all things Angry Bird.  She was so indecisive about what she wanted to spend her money on that it was driving her crazy.  She left the mall empty handed and disappointed. This morning at church without any hesitation she grabbed her money and stuffed it an envelope as an offering to the church. She was confident and happy in her decision and said that other people needed it more than she did. Totally made me cry like a girl.

(unrelated side note: Bailey just downloaded the phone app ‘Alike’ that matches a picture of your face with a celebrity that looks most like you.  Apparently I look like Charlie Sheen….)

No comments:

Post a Comment