Monday, June 11, 2012

Getting Close!




Getting close! I’m 37 weeks and little Alessandra is now a full term.  This is such a HUGE relief for me.  I went into labor prematurely when I was 7months pregnant with Bailey.  Fortunately, with the help of medicine and 2 agonizing months of bed rest… labor ceased and I was able to carry her to term.  Premature labor was a fear of mine this entire pregnancy but it is now one less thing to worry about.

I am dilated 1.5 centimeters and am carrying the baby super low. She’s almost ready!  My original due date was the 4th of July, but it looks like I will be induced at 39 weeks, making my due date sometime in the final week of June.  At my appointment last week Alessandra was measuring at about 5.5 pounds and I’m hoping she will be over 7 pounds by the 39th week.  This is my excuse for eating 9 meals a day plus ice cream.

So far everything is still going really well.  Alessandra’s heartbeat is strong and she is growing exactly as she should be.  She kicks and stretches constantly and now that she’s bigger those sharp movements can really hurt.  If we didn’t know about her cardiac issue, we wouldn’t have any indication that her health was compromised.  She is progressing exactly as she should.

I have my final appointment (as a pregnant lady) with the cardiologist tomorrow.  I’m praying that her heart will look the same if not better than last month.  The last echo showed that she did not have a significant amount of fluid around her heart, which is great news.  Too much fluid could indicate possible heart failure.  I’m also hoping we can get a clearer view of her pulmonary arteries to confirm that the blood flow is adequate.  I am crossing my fat, swollen fingers that this appointment goes well!!

~Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Almost time!!! You look fabulous, btw. If you don't mind, will you call me or text me after your appointment sometime? I woudl love to know how her ticker looks!!! And, pregnant or not, you never need and excuse for ice cream..just saying...lol..

    ReplyDelete