Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 27th!


It’s late.  I want to sleep but my uncomfortable body is competing with my anxiety in a successful attempt to keep me up all night.  I should have no problem sleeping at this point because there is nothing left to do.  Bags are packed, plans are organized, maternity leave in effect, house is ……kinda clean?  I fell asleep for a short while, only to be awakened by the sound of a helicopter hovering over our house. It took me about 20 minutes to realize the “helicopter” was actually our beside fan.  My contractions are getting stronger and more noticeable, but are not following any frequency I can measure.  My back hurts and I feel dizzy, could this be the start of labor?  My induction date is this coming Wednesday (6/27) but it could be anytime now.  I’m ready.

We have everything we need and I am so touched by the support and generosity of everyone in our lives.  Our family and friends have given so much and so freely.  I am so humbled by this and cannot wait until it is our turn to give back. 

I’m so excited to meet this little girl.  I have come to know her so well as she twists and turns inside by body.  She isn’t getting much sleep tonight either. 

I will keep everybody updated on our journey ahead!

Much love,
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you, for you when Baby comes. There is strength in numbers and strength in prayer and your prayer chain is getting longer everyday! I am ready too, my love. I will do anything for you. I'll even go buy the onsies at Target that I haven't been able to do, if you need me too :) if our Baby has half the strength you do... She will be FINE! Love Always But Especially Now- Mom ps... Drink more water and eat less salt. (Sorry, the Dr in me is coming out.)

    ReplyDelete